Cookie Syndicate – ownership
£80.00 inc. VAT / month + a purchase cost of £500.00
2 year old filly - trained by Julie Camacho
£80 per month (2.5% ownership share).
Join the Let’s Get Racing Club and enjoy the experience of horse racing.
What will I get when I buy an ownership share?
Your ownership share aims to provide a huge amount of fun and a committed group of like-minded people to go racing with plus:
- Stable visits to watch your horse train
- Share of any prize money
- The possibility of access to the owners’ and trainers’ areas and parade ring on race days
- Membership of The Racing Manager platform and app
- Trainer updates and insights
- Exclusive “Let’s Get Racing” membership keyring card
- Let’s Get Racing owners badge (please wear with pride!)
- Access to the friendliest and most inclusive horse racing club in Britain
- Donation to Yorkshire Racehorse Rehoming and Retraining
A little bit about Cookie
* If you miss or fail to make any instalment, your ownership will cease and you will forfeit all prize money owed to you.
Outstrip and Grape Shot
Julie and Steve – our trainer
Julie Camacho and her husband Steve run their yard in Malton – https://www.juliecamachoracing.co.uk
Julie Camacho 23% 2 year old strike rate in 2022, the 2nd best in the country for trainers with more than 35 2 year old runner!
Julie was born and bred into racing. Her grandfather, Charlie Hall, began training in 1942. Charlie Hall was Champion Jumps Trainer in 1955/56, winning the Champion Hurdle with Doorknocker. Julie’s father, Maurice, took over the reins from Charlie Hall in 1977, winning the Mackeson Gold Cup with Clear Cut in his first season. Julie and Steve took over the yard in 1998.
Steve’s first job was with the legendary Jimmy Fitzgerald, and he also learned from many of the north’s best trainers: Malcolm Jefferson, Brian Ellison, Richard Fahey and Charles Booth to name a few. Further afield, Steve also spent time in North America.
In 1996 he joined Luca Cumani as assistant trainer. This period of time shaped Steve’s training philosophies more than any other. After a two-year stint, Steve returned to Malton to begin his own training odyssey with Julie and we are thrilled to have them as our trainers.